Thursday, March 11, 2010

A new job

Yes, it's true. I got another job. I wasn't able to find a job in my major, but I did get a job at Lowes! The best thing about it is that the job includes benefits after 6 months. I still work at Old Navy, so hopefully working 2 jobs won't be a major conflict.

My new favorite thing is going to the library. I read books pretty fast, so I'm always looking for new books to read. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Today I finished a book called Impossible and I also just read Heat Wave which is a book based off my favorite tv show Castle.

Andy is busy with school and work. He's doing great at both. Even though he's super busy, he still spends most his nights with me, which I'm really grateful for. Tonight, he's with the boys playing Poker. I was invited, but...it's not really my thing. Point of the story, we're doing great. We wish we were able to be at the WAC tournament in Reno with Nae and Nicole, but other than that, we are loving life. Have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!! I love to read as well and love good suggestions, this is a blog that I read she is always recommending good books.http://gerberadaisydiaries.blogspot.com/
    Here are some books that I have read recently and liked. Hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet by Jamie Ford. Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne. The secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kid. These is my words by Nancy E Turner. The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner. A poisned Season by Tasha Alexander. The magic of ordinary days by Ann Howard Creel. And Ella Minow Pea by Mark Dunn. I hope you enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you guys! Life is good, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! We wish we could have gone to that game too. I am about to read City of Bones. I heard its a good series, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the job, Kim! Have you read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins yet? I would try it. I'm glad you're blogging so we can keep track of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is the most comments I've gotten! Thanks so much for all the suggestions...I'll have to check them out. Wouldn't it be neat if we had a book club? I would really like to be a part of one. And p.s. thanks for the congrats! I hope I'll be able to work it out to have the 2 jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot you had a blog - I'm adding you to my list!

    But my suggestions have already been mentioned.
    Hunger Games (I have the first and second if you want to borrow)
    And the City of Bones series was good as well.
    The one I'm reading now Looking Back is also pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete