Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A post of Thanks

Andy and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It started on Sunday when we met with his brothers and their families and shared dinner with them. I'm grateful most of his family is so close so we can see them often and we wish we are able to see those who live far away more often.
On Wednesday I had to work 10 to 7 and I was getting pretty anxious towards the end of my shift because the roads were still so bad and icey from the recent storm. I'm grateful my manager let me go early so I could surprise my family by being home earlier than expected and that we were able to have a safe drive despite the roads.
We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving day with my family. It consisted of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, reading the Black Friday ads, football, food, and family. Normally, my family has Thanksgiving with my Aunt's family around the corner from us, but this year we didn't because she was recovering from surgery to get her cancer removed. I'm so grateful it went well and that she is recovering rapidly. I'm grateful my Uncle still came over and some of my cousins to spend time with them. I'm grateful my grandparents recently moved to Utah after living in California for so many years. It's wonderful to spend so much time with them and I love listening to my Grandpa tell stories.
I'm thankful for the fun times I had with my family. We got my mom and step-dad to play hide-n-go-seek in our house which was super fun. No one was able to find me behind my wedding dress in my closet. Classic.
I'm thankful for Andy and for his role of being the big brother my sisters never had. He took us night sledding when it was 10 degrees outside and we had a blast. Well....they had a blast. I was freezing and hurt my leg the first time I went down which resulted in a pretty amazing bruise.
I have so many things to be thankful for. Sometimes I focus on the negative and have a pity party for myself. Truth be told...I think I am very blessed. I have a husband who adores me, wonderful family who support me, and the truth and light of the gospel which brings me peace. (amongst many other blessings) I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good holiday! (Apart from the bruise... sorry about that.)

    ReplyDelete