Tuesday, September 20, 2011

12 days old!

  • Evelyn left the hospital weighing 6 lbx 9 oz. We found out last Friday she was back to her birth weight of 7 lbs 3 oz and she's 20 inches long.
  • She does really well at sleeping during the night. I give her a feeding around midnight and she'll wake up anytime from 2-5. She'll wake up again from 6-9. Sometimes it's hard to get her back to sleep, so I'll try for like an hour and then I'll wake Andy up and she always goes right to sleep with him. He now calls himself "Magic Hands".
  • I hardly ever call her Evelyn. Her nicknames are Pretty (Baby, Girl, or Lady depending on how I feel). Andy calls her Lumpy.
  • Just since yesterday she's been crying more. Normally she only cries when she's hungry, but yesterday and today she's been crying just to cry. Last night we took some newborn pictures by Alayna Bean, our personal family photographer, and Evelyn was very unhappy at the new environment and weird situations. We put her in a tutu and she didn't like the material. We tried to get her to curl up to go into this wrap thing called a pod, but she flipped. The rest of the night we kept her swaddled and she did better. She did take some super cute pics though, so when I get them, I'll post them.
  • I have a hard time breastfeeding. She doesn't like to latch on, but we're working on it and she's doing better everyday. Luckily, I still can breastfeed her and we haven't had to switch to formula.
  • She makes a lot of noises...coos, squeaks, moans, and I could swear she giggled a little today.
  • She is a pooper.
  • She loves her dad. I think just the sound of his voice soothes her.
  • She loves to have her hands be by her face. It was how she was born.
We sure do love this girl and are so blessed to have her in our family.

3 comments:

  1. Awww! i'm glad you and baby are adjusting well!! you'll have to let me know when you're feeling up to it and we'll come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are still struggling with nursing you may want to try a nipple shield. I had a hard time too, but after buying one of those it made it so much easier. I bought mine at target down the nursing isle and it's by medals and I got a medium. They are about $8. Its cheaper than formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! I Love babies. Congrats, It sounds like your nights are not too shabby! way to go!

    ReplyDelete