Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I wanted to feel extra special this year for Mother's Day and I kept hinting to Andy what I wanted...a list of reasons why he loved me. Super cheesy, but I wanted something thoughtful. Well, nothing turned out how I wanted it to yesterday. We have been sick in our family. This horrible cold started with Evelyn who quickly passed it on to Clark and then I caught it. This weekend, Andy jumped on the bandwagon as well and he spent all day yesterday watching Star Trek. Since he was too sick (or so he said...ha) to do anything, the responsibilities of taking care of our kids fell to me...and I was still sick as well. I was pretty sad and grumpy all day. I actually had a good day with my kids, but my attitude made it so I couldn't have fun. I knew that was my problem, but I couldn't shake my negative attitude. Even though I was mean to Andy all day because I was mad at him for being too sick, he made me dinner and never complained about how grumpy I was. Reflecting on yesterday, it was a really good Mother's Day. I was being a mother and that is what Mother's Day is all about. I love being a mom to Evelyn. She is friends with everyone, wonderful with her little brother, pretty good at following directions, independent, happy, expressive, intelligent, and a momma's girl. I love being a mom to Clark. He is the best baby, rarely cries, good sleeper, good eater, happy, and handsome. I love my children and I love my husband. I'm thankful every day that I can be at home with them and I'm so grateful to Andy for working so hard so I can stay at home. I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. I've had similar mother's day/birthdays where I just feel disappointed and grouchy all day. This year I had low expectations and it actually made the day more enjoyable. LOL

    You are such a cute mom Kim!! I'd love to get together and meet Clark when we come to visit this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsa, yes please! I would love to see you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that we had a chance to be together on Saturday. I will cherish the pictures I got of all my family out West. Every day is mother's day; it is a never ending job. American culture just says that at least once a year we should show our mom how much we love and appreciate them. In reality that should be done every day of the year! We should always love and respect our mom and dad; without them we would not be here>

    ReplyDelete