Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Please pray for me!

I went to the doctor this morning after a week of consistent headaches and little bumps growing on my forehead. Turns out...I have shingles. I can't work, which means I won't be making money, which really stresses me out. I pray that I can get better soon, so I can go back to work. If you can, please keep me in your prayers. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that! My mother-in-law gets shingles every time she gets stressed. They told her that stress is usually what causes it, which is self-defeating, since getting it is so painful that it only stresses you out more when you can't get things done. We'll for sure offer some prayers on your behalf. Take care! Make my brother work for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing - shingles is caused by the same virus as chicken pox (which I'm sure they told you). But even more important, it's really important that you stay away from women who are pregnant, since exposure to the virus during pregnancy can cause serious birth defects. Also, if there is any chance that you are pregnant, you should definitely be talking to an OBGYN right now. Hope this didn't embarrass you... Just trying to be helpful. Doctors don't always tell you everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda, thanks for your advice. I was told to stay away from practically everyone, so I plan to be a home-body for the next week. I hope my body can knock these out if I do that. No, you didn't embarrass me, cuz I'm not pregnant. ha. And yes, I am planning on making him work for me. :)
    Kiley, thanks for your constant support. I really appreciate having you so close by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that you have shingles.
    They are not fun. I understand 100% about the stress of not having an income but I also know that, like Melinda told you, stress can be a contributing factor to getting and keeping the shingles going. Try to concentrate on something that you really enjoy doing to help you to relax. Watch a comedy, read a good book, pray always and when you think you can't go on anymore with all of it pray for strength.
    We will keep you in our prayers!

    Andy get in touch with your doctor about that chicken pox vaccine. I don't know if he can give you one right now with Kim having an active case of shingles but you definitely need to have that conversation with him.

    Take good care of Kim. Shingles are extremely painful. You'll have to squeeze in time for shopping and errands. She needs to rest and relax. You'll be in our prayers too!

    ReplyDelete