Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The latest

It has been busy here in the Yerka household, for many reasons.
1. We went on a much needed vaca to Fish Lake with friends and had the most relaxing time ever.
2. The day after we came home from our vaca, we moved into a house. Luckily, I felt like I got a lot packed and cleaned before we left and we had a lot of help. Thanks to everyone who helped us! We love living here...even though the yard needs a lot of work.
3. I got promoted at my job. I still work full-time at Lowes working as a cashier at the customer service desk, but now my title is "Head Cashier" so I am in charge of the 10-15 other cashiers. This means I'll be going back to work full-time after the baby is born, so hopefully it will work out ok.
4. Andy is now in 4 Summer classes, including a math class. Homework takes up a good amount of his time.
5. I am 28 weeks now and the baby is growing...at least I think so. People are so surprised when they find out I'm 7+ months pregnant. But, the doctor said the baby is growing at the right rate and everything is fine, so I'm not worried. I started my 3rd trimester and I just can't believe how fast this is going. Before I know it, we'll have this baby and there is still so much I want to do with Andy. Like how we NEED to go camping sometime this summer...
Here's a little story about the baby. A couple of nights ago, Andy was laying with his head on my stomach talking to the baby about his day. All the sudden, the baby kicked Andy in the face. It was so funny. The baby already has an attitude. Ha. I hope this post finds you well and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Andy and Kim,
    I am glad to hear that things are going well for you. Congratulations Kim on your promotion.
    I understand your need to work after the baby is born since Andy will still be in school. I hope that once Andy has graduated from school that you will be able to stay home with your baby(ies) if you so desire.
    I am glad that you are home with Kim Andy and that you are able to have bonding time with your little angel. I hope that both of you can get a lot of rest before she arrives as once she is here sleep will take a beating.

    I'm headed off to do visiting teaching so need to run.
    Glad to hear all is well!
    Love you both,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the update! Awesome about the baby's attitude!

    ReplyDelete