Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Impromptu Yellowstone trip

On Monday morning, Andy told me he had a surprise and to pack for an overnight trip. Eventually I got him to tell me where we were going, since I had to know what to pack, and he told me Yellowstone! Yellowstone is one of my favorite places ever and since Andy hadn't gone before, I really wanted to go with him. We got there at about 4 that day, after 5 hours in the car. Both Evelyn and Clark did great! We went straight to Old Faithful and saw that go off and then walked around and saw the other geysers, lodges, and visitor's center. We stayed the night in a cabin there and left the next morning to see the mud pots. Then we drove "the loop" and left to go home. We got home around 6 and after about 9 hours in the car, I was about at my breaking point since Evelyn had been whining for most of the car ride and Clark crying for the last hour. We are done with road trips for a while, but we had a lot of fun being together as a family. Here are the pics to prove it.












2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures!! What fun you guys have been having :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmie, I'm glad you blog. And I loved seeing your Yellowstone pictures! Yay for road trips! I'm sure it was extra tough with two. Max only whined for about an hour straight on our way home from Disneyland (which was awesome) but it still was way too much for me!

    ReplyDelete