Friday, June 7, 2013
Swim Diapers
Today we went to a brand new splash pad in North Logan. Evelyn loved it! She would get so excited when the water would spray on her. However, this is not a story about the splash pad. This is a story about what happened after. When we got home I had to feed Clark right away because he was very unhappy and meanwhile Evelyn was eating some ice cream. I could tell something was wrong so I looked at Evelyn who had a very confused look on her face and then I noticed the pee dripping down her legs into a puddle on the floor. She was wearing a swim diaper and had only been wearing it less than an hour. To all you experienced moms out there, aren't swim diapers supposed to prevent that? Since I was still feeding Clark I couldn't help her right away and she slipped twice in her pee and each time fell to the floor. Poor girl. After the second fall, Clark was finally appeased and I gave Evelyn a bath. What do you do to/have done for diapers while swimming? Apparently I need help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor girl! And poor you!
ReplyDeleteAs far as I'm aware, swim diapers are meant not to absorb water (so they don't get soggy and waterlogged in the pool) ... they just hold in the poo should that happen in the pool. I usually just do the swim diaper in the pool and then change them right out when we're done ... in fact, if they're somewhere where they aren't going to get really wet (submerged), we just do a normal diaper.
Sorry for the novel. You asked ... :)
Thanks Kiley!
ReplyDeleteYeah, same thoughts as Kiley. I was told they're meant to hold poop, not pee. We try to change Evelin as fast as we can once we're done swimming to she won't pee everywhere and so her swim diaper doesn't soak her car seat. Lol, that's an awesome story. One I'm sure she'll prefer you not share with future prospects.
ReplyDeleteSlipping in your own pee - that just sounds so awful! Poor thing!
ReplyDelete