Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday

So, I work at Old Navy. Black Friday is a NIGHTMARE for people like me who work in retail. Last year I was one of the lucky workers who opened at 4am and I saw exactly how crazy people are. I saw mothers screaming at their children to wait in line and others fighting over an item. Geez, why does this day give people a reason to act this way? Anyways, this year my shift was 11:30 to 7, which I was thought would be fantastic. I thought the crowds would be gone by the time I came in, but no...it was out of control(and we didn't even have good deals this year!). It was so busy I stayed until 1 in the morning only to come back in at 9 the next morning. I ended up working over 20 hours the past 2 days and I am so worn out. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who rubbed my aching feet and brought me food when I was starving. Even though my Thanksgiving holiday wasn't ideal, I have so much to be grateful for. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still sorry for you. It makes me glad I've never worked in a place like that on Black Friday - whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will promise you I will never be a Black Friday shopper. It's not worth it to me. I'm sorry you have to deal with stupid people.

    ReplyDelete