Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Fun

I had the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!! It was mine and Andy's first Christmas together and it has been so much fun. We were able to spend it at my parent's house in SoJo. We both had to work on Christmas Eve, but we were able to make it in time for a party at my Aunt Chris' house. Every Christmas Eve we get together with them and I love it. Before we went down, I prepped Andy on what our Christmas festivities would be. At my Aunt's house, we would eat good food, exchange our $5 presents, sing Christmas hymns, and a visit from Santa. One of our former bishops in SoJo goes house to house every Christmas Eve and gives everyone candy canes. But he doesn't knock...he comes right in, jingling his bells and saying "Ho, Ho, Ho". It scares my Aunt every time. I love it. This year for our gift exchange, Andy got a gift certificate for In-N-Out...he picked it for me, cuz I LOVE that place and I got hot chocolate and a teapot that has a mechanical mixer. Pretty cool. One of my favorite things is to be surrounded by my amazing family...especially now that my grandparents live in UT. After our family party, we went to my parents' house and watched "Small One". For those of you who haven't seen/heard about it, it's a Disney classic that tells the story about the donkey that carried Mary to Bethlehem. We watch it every Christmas Eve. It was especially fun this year to share my family's traditions with Andy, but also to come up with our own traditions. I can't wait to see what's in store for us this coming year...Come what may and love it, right? Anyways, these are my favorite memories of this Christmas...
1. Going shopping with Andy on Black Friday and spending our Target gift card on presents...we got some AMAZING deals!
2. Putting up our tree and decorating it
3. The Yerka family Christmas party at our house. It was chaotic, but it was so fun to see family
4. Our weekend excursion to Park City
5. Playing Domino's with my family on Christmas Eve til 12:30am.
6. Being surrounded by loved ones and especially being with Andy.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! And we got a new camera for Christmas so hopefully I will be able to put up some pics soon...

1 comment:

  1. I love when Santa comes to my parents house!! It just isn't Christmas with out that. It sounds like you had an amazing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete