Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Good Find

So...Andy and I don't have a ton of extra money for a real Christmas tree. In the house that we are staying in, we found a fake tree that is like 2-3 feet. Pretty small. But, since it was all we had, we decorated it with tinsel, lights, and "bells" (Andy is from MN and apparently that's what you call the ornaments that I call "balls"). It looked nice and we set it on a table that is secretly a record player so it looked a lot bigger if looking from the outside. Yesterday, we decided it wasn't good enough since our presents couldn't fit under it. So...we went to D.I. and found some treasures! I didn't think there would be trees there since it's almost Christmas, but there were and we found a 6-footer, pre-lit tree for $10!!! And we found a box of "bells" for $2 and they looked brand new! I am so excited about it and I'm kinda nerdy, because I like to brag about the good deals I find. Anyways, we now have a lovely tree and it's made our place so much Christmas-ier. I love it. And now all our presents fit nicely under it. And did I mention I love it? Ha. Maybe after Christmas...when I open my new camera...I'll put up pics of how great it looks....

3 comments:

  1. I'll second that - it does look great! And by the way, I love to revel in good deals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting that you were able to find such good deals. I love being able to do that! Have fun with your new tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is neat!! Good deals are just the best, especially as poor newly weds!!

    ReplyDelete