Thursday, March 20, 2014

Missionary Moment and an update

This morning a woman came over to pick up some baby cereal Clark doesn't eat anymore and she taught me something in the brief moment I had with her. She gave me a pamphlet for her church and said "since you are giving me something, I wanted to share something with you." It was so brave of her and it inspired me to be a better missionary myself. I wasn't offended and I will actually read the pamphlet because I like learning about different religions. I bet most people will have the same reaction I did when she gave me something that is important to her and I hope it will be easier for me in the future to share a simple message of my faith with others.

3-12-14 Clark had surgery to put tubes in his ears and to have his adenoids removed. We got there at 6:30 am and he did really well before, considering he was hungry and couldn't eat plus we had to wait quite a while. At 7:45 the anesthesiologist took Clark away and it broke my heart because Clark didn't want to leave me and I thought I could be there when he was put to sleep. At 8:08 they brought Clark back to me and he was crying and so confused. I found out it was worse than the dr thought so it was a really good thing he got it done. I had a hard time calming Clark down and we were finally allowed to leave around 9. Clark had a hard day that day, but starting the next day I could already tell a big difference. He was so much happier. Fast forward to today 3-20. I took Clark in for his post-surgery appt and the kids did great for the first hour. (We had to wait FOREVER!) When the dr finally came in, he noticed right away Clark's tubes were plugged with mucus so we had to go into this surgical room to hold Clark down (it took 3 of us plus Evelyn holding his foot) and the dr put a funnel thing into his ear and started squirting fluid into his ear trying to get the mucus off. When the mucus was dislodged, he put a vacuum thing into his ear to suck out the pus in his ear. Poor kid. I was told it didn't hurt, but it sure was loud. It took a while for the first ear and then he did the second ear and then I was told Clark needed a shot as well and we would have to come back tomorrow to do it all over again...on his first birthday. I hope his ears will look better tomorrow.

Evelyn is now 2 1/2 and is such a good girl. She is getting over something too; I think she might have had Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease since she said her mouth hurt and she had bumps by her mouth, and on her hands and feet. However, it's supposed to be very contagious and Clark didn't get it so I don't know if it was that or not. Plus after talking to others whose kids had it, they all said how awful it was and it really wasn't bad. She was still her normal, happy self-she just wouldn't eat. She loves playing with others and asks every day to go to G-ma and G-pa's. Little does she know we'll be moving there in about 2 weeks!

The last day of February, my landlord called and said, "Your lease is up tomorrow and I assume you're moving out?" What? When we lived in another apartment they owned, we were able to do month-to-month after our lease so I was expecting that again. After asking about that she said they wanted us to sign another year lease and they already found someone in our ward who was moving in. You never know what to expect with these particular landlords. When we lived in their apt the first time, we were subtly told we needed to move out because we were having a baby. Now they are making us move out because we can't sign another year lease. Sidenote: this house was vacant for over a year before we moved in, because they are such weird people and are so strict with who they will let live here. I was worried they would do something like they did the first time so Andy and I were already discussing some options before I got called to move. Luckily, my parent's are letting move in with them again. They are such kind people. We're moving in on March 29th and we have no idea how long we'll stay there.

Earlier this year, Andy was told by the end of the year he would have a district manager interview and it could be months before he was placed somewhere. Well, now we're being told it could be much sooner than that so we're just going with the flow and excited to see where we go!

Also, I'm pregnant. I'm due October 2nd, so I'm 12 weeks today. I have been throwing up almost every day, but this pregnancy is a breeze compared to Evelyn and Clark. On Tuesday, my birthday, we had our first dr appt and saw the baby move and heard the baby's heartbeat. It was the best birthday present ever. I'm nervous to be a mother of three, but I'm excited at the same time. My continual prayer is that I can be the best mom for my kids and they will feel loved. I love being a mom and I'm so grateful I can stay at home with them. I love my family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Congratulations on baby number 3. So exciting. Sorry about Clarks ears though. That is rough!

    ReplyDelete