Friday, May 28, 2010

A Movie Review

Kim's take
Tonight Andy and I saw Prince of Persia. I didn't really know what to expect, but even with my lack of expectations, I was disappointed. So, let me start off by saying that if you're excited to see this movie, don't read this post. It was long, boring, and pointless. Other people thought so in the theatre too...the kid in front of me fell asleep. The only redeeming factor was that Jake Gyllenhall was hot. (It's ok, I already informed Andy). But his stunts, while cool, were completely unrealistic. I feel like it made the movie just that more stupid. Also, apparently the movie was unoriginal. All of Andy's friends said it was from a video game or something...I don't know. Point of the story, I wouldn't waste your time or money. Wait til Redbox.

Andy's take

It was entertaining. Nothing earth shattering. Writers probably played Assassins Creed and watched Lord of the Rings while they were writing. Dialogue was silly. Action was good. Volume was loud. Good one-time watch. And thus it is written.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. We both liked it. I agree - Jake Gyllenhall is pretty handsome. However, as I told Jason, he looks a little bit too much like Nicolas Cage for me to think he's hot (especially when I saw the preview just before for 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice.' I don't know about Nicolas Cage with long curly hair - something's just inherently wrong with that).

    ReplyDelete