Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An update

I know you all love Andy's political rants, but I decided to change it up a little and post about our stay-cation. Andy finished up Spring semester on Friday and has this week off before he starts Summer school. I've had to work most of the time, but we still have done a lot of fun things together. On Saturday, we started planting our garden and I'm really excited to work on it. The weather has been pretty cold lately here in Logan, so we've only been able to plant peas so far. Hopefully soon we'll be able to plant more vegies.
Today, I had the day off from both of my jobs...something that rarely happens. We went fishing this morning. Well, when I say "we" I mean Andy went fishing while I read. It was so nice and peaceful and I loved being outside. I can't wait for warmer weather. Later today we're going to Pocetello to go to Andy's favorite restaurant, Perkins. I've never been there, but he loves it and used to go there all the time when he lived in MN. I'm just excited to go on a drive. We used to do that all the time when we were dating, but we don't really do that anymore. Anyways, we are doing well and are loving life. I hope you all have a fantastic day!
P.S. I've made a goal to read one book a week and because of this, I've read some pretty great books. What are some of your favs? I would love suggestions...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the non-political-rant update. Loved it! What did you think of Perkins? I tell Jason that it reminds me of Applebee's, but he'll hear nothing of the sort. He's partial to Perkins. It was nice to see you guys last night! Thanks for coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't love it. My pancakes weren't done and I thought it was a little pricey for what you got. I think Angies is better, but Andy said the one we went to is mediocre to the one in MN. So, I guess I'll have to give it another try when we go...

    ReplyDelete