Tuesday, September 14, 2010

lemonade vs lemons

So, I called in sick today at work. I wasn't lying. I spent all night last night in misery which resulted in me going to Instacare today. But, good news! The doc diagnosed me right away and gave me an antibiotic that should clear up the infection. While this whole episode hasn't been fun at all, there are a lot of reasons to be grateful. Andy and I have just barely (last week) gotten health insurance. I have been praying all summer that we would be healthy so we wouldn't have to go to the doctor. And lo and behold the same week we got insurance, I had to go to the doc. Instead of paying hundreds of dollars, I had to pay a $20 co-pay. What a blessing. Another reason for my gratitude is my husband, Andy. He has been so understanding and helpful to me. I love him so much. Last night, I cried uncontrollably for really no reason and he listened to me and made me feel better. And then, when I couldn't sleep last night, I woke him up...twice... complaining and he listened again and made me feel better. What a good guy. He's such a blessing to me. So here's to making lemonade out of lemons.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a blessing! And what a nice husband. Husbands are great huh?!?

    Oh and PS, i just noticed a comment you made on my blog about Scarecrow and Mrs King. That is awesome you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're sick - but you do have blessings, don't you? I wish I were there to make soup for you too!

    P.S. Did you get sick from Nathan (and us)? I'm really sorry if you did!

    ReplyDelete